Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Confidence With Children

After all my frustration lately I gained some confidence when I got to go and hang out with some pretty cool kids today at a home/shelter for children. I had a blast! I even gained a new girlfriend! I wish I would have got Mom to take a picture of the two of us, but I was so busy sniffing....I mean flirting, that I forgot. Maybe next time?

I had different responses from the kids. Some were afraid of me (which I can understand because I'm a pretty big guy) and some were not. I did get most of the kids to at least pet me by the end of our time there though. I knew just what to do! I laid down on the floor and just crawled my way towards them and then flipped on my back so they could pet my belly....I'm a genius! ;)
The Lost Dogs: Michael Vick's Dogs and Their Tale of Rescue and Redemption
My girlfriend's dad tried to read some from my favorite book ( The Lost Dogs: Michael Vick's Dogs and Their Tale of Rescue and Redemption ) but I couldn't sit still because I was so busy trying to get petted that he just gave up eventually.

I even got to show off for the kids by doing my tricks! They loved that I knew how to speak and asked me several times to speak, which I was very happy to do for them. Some of the kids even helped me with my tricks, that was fun!

This has been the best/funnest visit so far! I don't know why Mom was so worried, but I showed her! :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment